- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- 3 years of experience in a policy or legal operations role
- Experience working on Legal Removals issues such as internet regulation, content moderation, or human rights
- Experience in technology industry business areas (i.e. analytics, operations, software, or internet/online media)
- Experience working on diverse, cross-functional, multinational teams
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze and synthesize data to draw insightful conclusions, influence decision-making, and drive strategy development
- Excellent project management and communication skills
About the job
Trust and Safety team members are tasked with identifying and taking on the biggest problems that challenge the safety and integrity of our products. They use technical know-how, excellent problem-solving skills, user insights, and proactive communication to protect users and our partners from abuse across Google products like Search, Maps, Gmail, and Google Ads. On this team, you’re a big-picture thinker and strategic team-player with a passion for doing what’s right. You work globally and cross-functionally with Google engineers and product managers to identify and fight abuse and fraud cases at Google speed – with urgency. And you take pride in knowing that every day you are working hard to promote trust in Google and ensuring the highest levels of user safety.
As a Policy Specialist, you will join a team responsible for setting a strategy for Legal Removals’ engagement with product teams and for influencing cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize Legal Removals’ needs.
At Google we work hard to earn our users’ trust every day. Trust & Safety is Google’s team of abuse fighting and user trust experts working daily to make the internet a safer place. We partner with teams across Google to deliver bold solutions in abuse areas such as malware, spam and account hijacking. A diverse team of Analysts, Policy Specialists, Engineers, and Program Managers, we work to reduce risk and fight abuse across all of Google’s products, protecting our users, advertisers, and publishers across the globe in over 40 languages.
- Develop and launch scalable policies and processes for handling large volumes of requests. Drive innovation regarding processes and best practices for implementing policies across different legal issues.
- Manage legal removals requests and processes. Analyze and resolve requests including copyright, defamation, data protection or government requests.
- Serve as a consultant and liaison to internal, cross-functional stakeholders. Partner with technical teams to drive and coordinate the development and maintenance of Legal Removals tools and processes.
- Structure and implement projects by creating work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, leading analyses, developing recommendations, analyzing results, and iterating.
- Work occasional off-hours coverage rotations and review or be exposed to sensitive content…Read more>>